World Book Day - 4th March 2021
Despite many of the children working from home, we will still be celebrating World Book Day. Here are some of the planned activities for the day - we hope everyone will join in the fun.
- Dress up as your favourite book character for your morning Zoom meeting on Thursday 4th March.
- There will be some book themed activities set on Seesaw on World Book Day.
- A special book themed collective worship at 11.30 on Thursday 4th March.
- Recreate a book cover (draw, colour, paint or be as adventurous as you would like) and display it in your window during the week beginning Monday 1st March. Children can then spot the book covers when they go on their daily exercise that week.
- Take some photos of your children reading in unusual places and send them into school via Seesaw during the week beginning Monday 1st March so we can create a collage of photos.
- Using a platform such as FaceTime, WhatsApp or Zoom, read or share a book with a member of your family who doesn’t live with you.
- Make a book recommendation to a friend.
Each year we are wowed by the creativity of the children's costumes and we love finding out who their current favourite authors are, and which are their all-time favourite picture books. We are really looking forward to seeing what this year's event brings!