PTFA (Parents, Teachers & Friends association)
Bentley School PTFA is a registered charitable body made up of, and supported by, parents, teachers and friends of Bentley Primary School.
Bentley School PTFA exists to raise money for the benefit of all the children at the school, to complement their education and to give facilities over and above those provided by the Local Education Authority. We do this by organising fundraising events that are fun, enhance community spirit and provide social entertainment for the children and parents alike. All parents are automatically members of the PTFA and we encourage everyone to get involved in some way.
Last school year we have raised a staggering £23,000! This is all down to parents and friends of the school donating their free time and arranging cake sales, film nights, Christmas events and a wonderful Bentley Ball and Promises Auction. Click here to read all about them.
Every penny we raise goes towards making our school the outstanding place it is and gives our children the added extras that so many other schools are unable to provide. We have a regular commitment of funding the maintenance of the additional school minibus. This alone totals more than £3,000 per annum. And also funded the £3,500 needed for pencils, glue sticks, exercise books and other stationery needs of the classrooms.
We were delighted to announce at the end of the school year that the support of all our Parents, Teachers and Friends had provided enough funds to order our fantastic new school minibus! The shiny new bus arrives in the Autumn term.
Anyone connected to the School can attend the AGM or PTFA Meetings, which we hold regularly, and we welcome new faces at any time. Each year group has at least two Class reps. Their job is to keep parents up-to-date with all the PTFA events and help to organise the volunteers for each event. It is our hope that each family volunteers at an event for at least one hour each school year.
However big or small a role you’d like to play, everyone is welcome and we always need volunteers! So whether it is coming along to the meetings and sharing your ideas, helping to organise an event or manning a stall at an event, we’d love to have your input! The important thing to remember is that everything we do is for the direct benefit of ALL of our children. We ensure that whatever we spend money on, there is a direct link to improving our children’s experience and learning in their time spent at Bentley CE Primary School.
Kathleen Proud, Chair
Bentley School PTFA Registered Charity No. 1046944
Being an active member of the PTFA may not be possible for everyone, but you can still make a difference. You can help by...
- Donating 'grown out of' school uniform to our second hand uniform sales
- Registering for 'EasyFundraising' - a quick and easy way to get 'free' money for the school every time you shop. Just click here to begin
- Using our Smile account when you shop at Amazon - simply click here to go to AmazonSmile, look up our charity and each time you shop a percentage of your spend comes back to the PTFA - and it doesn't cost you a penny!
- Buying any books for your children through the Scholastic Books website - when you buy books our super library gets a selection of free titles for all our children to enjoy. Click here for the link
- Donating good quality, used books for the library or second hand book sales
- Making a one-off or regular donation by visiting our Wonderful.org page - click this link
Anything you can do will be hugely appreciated :)