Skip to content ↓


Thank you for considering Bentley C of E Primary school for your child. Please contact the school office should you like to arrange a visit to look round, or book a place on one of our open days here.

Making an application for Year R

We admit children into our reception class (Year R) in the September after their fourth birthday. We use the Local Authority (LA) admissions scheme, where a preference system operates. Although we are a Hampshire school, we are open to all children, regardless of county of residence.  As we are situated near the border of Surrey and Hampshire, the LA to which you apply is determined by where you live (not which county the school is in). 

Hampshire resident (paying Hampshire Council Tax): If you wish to apply for a reception class place (Year R) and live in Hants, you can apply online via the Hampshire County Council's website. The catchment area is shown on the Hampshire CC website.

Surrey resident (paying Surrey Council Tax): If you live in Surrey you must apply for a reception class place (Year R) at Bentley C of E School via the Surrey County Council's website. Even if you know that you are in the Bentley C of E School catchment area, and / or have a sibling at the school. 

Active Members of the Church of England If you would like to apply under the faith criteria, please complete the supplementary information form below and return to the school office.

In Year Applications

Should you require a place for a year group other than Year R (or for YR but after the closing date for applications), you need to apply to Hampshire County Council Admissions:

Applying for a school place in-year | Hampshire County Council (

Once you have made your application to Hampshire County Council, we contact you to inform you as to whether or not you have been allocated a place.  If we are unable to allocate you a place, you will automatically be added to our waiting list.  We will contact you in either event.

The school operates a waiting list which follows the criteria set out in the Admissions Policy.