Breakfast Club Childcare Assistant
Closing Date: Monday 20th June 2022 midday
Interview Date: Tuesday 21st June 2022
Job start: 1st September 2022
Contract: initially 1 year contract
Salary Details: Grade B to C (£9.79 - £10.52 per hour, equates to £3,359-£3,608 pa) depending on experience
Hours of Work: Five days per week, 7.5 hours a week 7:15-8:45am term time only
We are looking for a kind and capable childcare assistant to work in our popular Breakfast Club every morning in term time at our inclusive, successful, and caring village school. You will be a confident, creative person who loves working with children, and is able to support individual child needs within the wraparound childcare provision.
We are proud to be a Church of England school and provide a happy, stimulated environment in which every pupil feels secure. We focus on our values of ‘Love, Courage and Community’ to support all our amazing pupils and every member of our hard working staff works together to educate and develop each child on their learning journey over their seven years in primary school.
Duties will include:
- Setting up toys and food ready for the start of the daily club
- Welcoming children into school each morning
- Liaising with parents and school staff to ensure messages are passed on reliably
- Ensuring a welcoming and positive start to the school day for the pupils
The successful applicant will:
- Love working with all children and confident enough to support individual needs
- Have strength in their communication and interpersonal skills to support children and parents
- Be able to deal effectively with any first aid needs (training provided)
- Be confidential, positive and professional
- Be reliable, well organised and a good time keeper
- Be kind and child centred in order to create a homely environment each and every day of the school year
- Nurturing but firm to create warm and safe environment which is a continuation of our school expectations
We can offer:
- A rewarding and very fulfilling role within our Church School community in a lovely rural village
- 200 amazing children to work with (not all at Breakfast Club!)
- A great staff team to work alongside
- Training and support to help your induction and development
You are welcome to come for a school show round on either Friday 10th or Friday 17th June. Appointments will be available with our Headteacher or Deputy at 10am and 2pm on each day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a visit.
All applications must be made using the Hampshire form, which can be downloaded from the foot of this page, and emailed to email@example.com
Please note we will not accept CV applications
Bentley CE Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.