Breakfast Club Childcare Assistant
Closing Date: Monday 11th December 2023 mid-day
Interview Date: Wednesday 13th December 2023
Job start: Tuesday 2nd January 2024
Salary Details: Grade B–C (£11.79 - £12.51 per hour, equates to £4,043-£4,349 pa) depending on experience
Hours of Work: 5 days per week, 7.5 hours a week, 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. term time only
We are looking for a kind and capable childcare assistant to work in our popular Breakfast Club every morning in term time at our inclusive, successful, and caring village school. You will be a confident, creative person who loves working with children, and is able to support individual child needs within the wraparound childcare provision.
We are proud to be a Church of England school and provide a happy, stimulated environment in which every pupil feels secure. We focus on our values of ‘Love, Courage and Community’ to support all our amazing pupils and every member of our hard-working staff works together to educate and develop each child on their learning journey over their seven years in primary school.
There is the possibility of other roles within our school day becoming available in the future that could be combined with this position.
Duties will include:
- Setting up toys and food ready for the start of the daily club
- Welcoming children into school each morning
- Liaising with parents and school staff to ensure messages are passed on reliably
- Ensuring a welcoming and positive start to the school day for the pupils
The successful applicant will:
- Love working with all children and confident enough to support individual needs
- Have strength in their communication and interpersonal skills to support children and parents
- Be able to deal effectively with any first aid needs (training provided)
- Be confidential, positive and professional
- Be reliable, well-organised and a good timekeeper
- Be kind and child centred in order to create a homely environment each and every day of the school year
- Nurturing but firm to create a warm and safe environment, which is a continuation of our school expectations
We can offer:
- A rewarding and very fulfilling role within our Church School community in a lovely rural village
- 200 amazing children to work with (not all at Breakfast Club!)
- A great staff team to work alongside
- Training and support to help your induction and development
A show round of the school will be given as part of the interview process. Please visit our school website to give you more information about the school. If you have any specific questions about the role or school, please send these to the office by email email@example.com clearly stating your phone number and availability of times to take a call before or after school hours if possible, and we will get back to you.
All applications must be made using the Hampshire application form and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not accept CV applications.
Bentley CE Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.