Our amazing team in Year 6 are:
Miss Gillick, Class Teacher
Mrs Murphy, LSA
Our Summer Term Newsletter can be found by clicking the link at the foot of this page.
Days to remember:
Monday and Tuesday - Spellings
Wednesday and Thursday - PE
Friday - Library
Summer term - World War Two
- English - Reading ‘Goodnight Mr Tom’ and work related to this text; information text about WW2
- Maths – revision
- Science – Reversible and irreversible changes
- DT – Anderson shelter, jam making, a textiles project (TBC – rag rug)
- History – WW2
- Art – perspective drawing
- PE – cricket, rounders, tennis and athletics
- PSHE – Relationships and changing relationship; transition
- Music – End of Year production
- RE – Rites of passage
- Trips – Calshot, War on the line
Suggested Reading Lists
The recommended reading list for children in Year 6 is below - simply click on the link!
The link below will shows a document which covers guidance and spelling lists for all KS1 and KS2 children.
Homework is handed out on a Friday.
The children are responsible for their homework diaries and planning their time. To build in independence for secondary school.
- 100 minutes reading challenge – 100 minutes a week minimum and signed by parent (due Fridays)
- Spellings – weekly spellings rule (often due Tuesdays)
- Weekly maths task related to class learning - up to about 30 minutes (often due Wednesdays)
- Some weeks you will get either: GPS, English or Topic work (often due Thursdays)
How you can help
- Quiet place to complete tasks
- Encourage good habits – do it straightaway and if stuck they will have time to discuss with me
- Support but don’t do it!
- Contact Miss Gillick in event of a problem
A handy website with a grammar glossary to help parents and children understand the grammar we teach in schools –
End of Key Stage spelling assessments will test children on spelling rules AND word lists. Below is all years spelling rules and word lists.
Useful mathematics website – linked to the curriculum.
Links to SATs Past Papers
There is Government provided information on SATs at the foot of this page. Just click the link to download the document.